Final Deathly Hallows Debates: Who Lives and Who Dies?
We know for sure that some characters are going to die in Deathly Hallows. Last year in an interview, J.K. Rowling said that two characters die who she had not originally thought would die in the end of the story. That means at least two characters die, but probably more. And that's probably not counting Harry and/or Voldemort. So who lives and who dies? Tell us who you think will die, and more importantly, why you think so.
Pages: << < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... > >>
Reader Comments: (Page 9)
I don't know, I may be wrong. But Why is JKR committed to ending the series at Book7? Harry's should probably close everything else.
Next, in an interview with JKR, she mentioned that the last chapter (or epilogue) would deal on what happens to the survivors? SURVIVORS. In my opinion, this is too much of a clue. JKR wants everybody to know what happens after the of Harry and Voldemort (Yes, evil s, 100%). Personally, Harry doesn't sound like a survivor. More of a tragic hero who rid the world of evil with his great sacrifice.
Posted by Josh Palermo from Bacolod City, Philippines on June 24, 2007 01:12 AM
8 people, at the very least, plus other minor random characters.
1. Tom Riddle � though if Rowling s off Harry and lets Voldemort survive, it be fun to see the public outrage.
2. Nagini � most likely being a horcrux, Nagini
3. Hagrid. Avenged by Grawp, who take over his duties as gamekeeper and the end of the book. Rationale: Harry lose yet another father figure so it�s either Hagrid or Lupin and he�ll end up with yet another new father figure (Aberforth Dumbledore?)
4. Bellatrix LeStrange
5. Ron Weasley or Viktor Krum, though not in a random way; he�ll to give someone else a shot to survive
6. Snape and/or Wormtail. If Snape is good, he�ll save Harry and consider his to James paid.
7. More random mentioned people (example � heard about or read about in the Daily Prophet)
8. The 2 that were not intended to but : pick 2 � Luna Lovegood, Olympe Maxime, Firenze, Hagrid (already mentioned, but added to remove yet another father figure as a recurring motif)
9. Lucius Malfoy be defeated though perhaps not ed by Arthur Weasley
10. Fenrir Greyback � same as above, but by Lupin, though probably ed.
11. Another Weasley be seriously injured, but none of the Weasleys if Ron survives. Ron must have his day in the sun and it has to be something big to remove him from the shadows of his siblings � that theme has been played up so much, it won�t be left as a loose thread.
12. Those that have already been grievously injured or suffer a life-long problem survive � Lupin (and Tonks), Bill (and Fleur), Alastor Moody, Minerva McGonagall, Arthur Weasley, Mungdungus Fletcher (assuming he�ll be injured in book 7), Umbridge, Rita Skeeter, Dobby, Draco Malfoy, Crookshanks
Posted by jeff on June 24, 2007 02:47 AM
Quote: From Cody Hunt "I don't think that any of the trio because Rowling was asked which 5 characters she would invite to dinner, she said Harry, Ron, and Hermione. but then she stopped, asking, "Am I allowed to invite people?" "
shes stated many times sirius is one of her favorite characters shes written. obviously people already knew sirius was , so she didnt know if she could invite him or not. just my interpretation of it. it possibly COULD be a sign that none in the trio s, but my personal thoughts are that ron .
Posted by vito from iowa on June 24, 2007 05:44 AM
1. Harry - Harry nearly s due to injuries by Voldemort. Harry and Voldemort cant each other due to thier 'brother' wands. Peter Pettigrew drags Harry to safety by orders of Snape. Peter Pettigrew thus fulfils his life .
1. Peter Pettigrew - is ed by Voldemort as he fulfils his life to Harry
2. Voldemort - is ed by Snape. Revenge for ing Lily, Snapes one true love
3. Snape - is ed by remaining loyal eaters but not before a long soliloquy to Harry about his love for Lily and loyalty to Dumbledore
4. Percy s protecting the Minister of Magic
5. Lupin, Tonks and Greyback in a three way battle. Greyback s first then Lupin and Tonks in each others arms.
6. Lucius Malfoy is ed by Voldemort. One to many failures.
7. Draco Malfoy s fighting with Snape against Voldemort. He is avenging his fathers and wants to help Snape his mentor.
Posted by Helen Russell from Sydney, Australia on June 24, 2007 05:47 AM
Maybe Voldemort see the mirror of erised (ss/ps) and see that he truly does want . then Neville him. and Bellatrix lestrange accidentally narcissia. also even though she's I think Moaning Myrtle help. I think after lestrange accidentally s narcissia, lucius her. I think sirius and dumbledore some how return. but then lily and james return as ghosts. and nearly headless nick help. I think pettigrew saving harry.
i hope the trio lives. if a weasley s let it be percy, the worlds biggest prat.
Posted by Abby from Johnstown,PA on June 24, 2007 09:09 AM
I'm pretty sure that Neville has a hidden importance and he is the most likley to ; probally with harry and voldemort. It's really sad though!
Posted by Molly from Kent on June 24, 2007 09:21 AM
Harry Voldemorts body and has already destroyed five of the horcruxes and the last one is harry, so voldemort tries to steal Harry's body/soul/scar, and because of the love Harry has for all the people who have d in the books, Voldemort wont be able to bear it and from too much love.
Posted by Katherine from Southend on June 24, 2007 10:04 AM
I think ginny would be one of the ones to as most of the people Harry seem to love . Also mabye ron as i agree with his being foreshadowed by the chess scene where he sacrifices himself in PS.
Posted by jodie from Hereford, England on June 24, 2007 10:10 AM
i think Hagrid might be one who is ed and this be done by voldemort, becasue i dont think anybody but voldemort could be powerful enough to a giant.
i do not think harry anybody (not even Voldemort, that be left to snape as Dumbledore planned) because J.K. has put too much emphasis on the fact that Harry has remained pure of heart despite everything that has happened to him, and if he does someone it would mean that this would no longer be true.
Posted by Carl from Birmingham, England on June 24, 2007 1:10 PM
an earlier post said that harry must voldemort because the prophecy says either must at the hand of another. as harry has to destroy the horcruxes (voldemorts souls) could this be considered as some sort of ing which would leave the path clear for snape to voldemort? i believe this was planned by dumbledore because out of everybody left, i think he is the most powerful wizard and the only one likely to get near voldemort.
Posted by Carl from Birmingham, England on June 24, 2007 1:21 PM
i think Snape could . don't get me wrong, i think he is, in fact, on the good side. but maybe he sacrifice himself in order to save harry...or something like that
Posted by Lastkiss on June 24, 2007 1:35 PM
I think, but in my heart i'm hoping that i'm wrong, that harry after or at the same time as he's ing Voldemort. I think so because harry and voldmorts wands are the same and in the fourth book that thing happened when they where in the cemetery. this would be a great ending to a great story and no one would have to think about what happened to harry in his adult life.
Posted by jess from sweden on June 24, 2007 2:09 PM
Pages: << < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... > >>