Final Deathly Hallows Debates: Who Lives and Who Dies?
We know for sure that some characters are going to die in Deathly Hallows. Last year in an interview, J.K. Rowling said that two characters die who she had not originally thought would die in the end of the story. That means at least two characters die, but probably more. And that's probably not counting Harry and/or Voldemort. So who lives and who dies? Tell us who you think will die, and more importantly, why you think so.
Pages: << < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... > >>
Reader Comments: (Page 10)
They say only the good young. But some good old. Which applies to harry and the order? most of them aren't over 50 (mrs. and mr. weasly can't exactly be spring chickens).
Posted by Abby from johnstown,pa on June 24, 2007 2:10 PM
I think that Mungdungus , Dobby, Hagrid. The trio survive, or if it does't, it can't end happy.
McGonagall be seriously injured but not , same to Draco Malfoy. I don't think he . He turn to the good side but won't . I think at the very least one in the weasley famely (Mr Weasly) I guess. Bellatrix be ed by Neville, he just has to get his revange. Lord Voldemort Veville in front of Harry. Ginny . I also belive if Tonks s then Lupin s... because they are in love with each other. But I serisouly doubt that they . Peter Pettigre save Lupin and mabye Mrs Malfoy save Tonks? Mr Malfoy saving his son or wife? form the dark lord. Fenrir Greyback . Snape in the arms of Harry. I belive all eaters . I don't think Neville be teacher at Hogwarts. Luna lovegood be. Viktor for Hermione, Ginny for Harry but who for Ron?
If somone in the trio d that might be Hermoine but I still don't think anyone in the trio . hermoine and Ron both get injured and Harry stand alone against Voldemort after he kiled neville!
Posted by Hanna from Sweden on June 24, 2007 3:57 PM
Just a note on the comment about the trinity not in Star Wars type or Judeo-Christian type things please see The Chronicles of Narnia or The Matrix where main characters and it's explicitly not as we understand it.
Also, I wouldn't be surprised if J.K. Rowling purposely strayed from the trope and wrote a series end to surprise everyone.
Posted by Cassandra from New Zealand on June 24, 2007 6:28 PM
JK has made this series real enough, in both its character development and its course of events. In saying that, I don't fear anything from the ending. She knows these characters as well as her own children, and knows how they would react to situations and the choices they would make. She end this series perfectly. And of course people in it, as they have already, but I don't see it as her picking them at random, or based on literary motifs, themes, or anything else of the sort. The characters that because of their actions, which be perfect reactions based on who the characters are. As I said, she knows these characters, every last one of them. I am expecting nothing but a perfect ending to an already amazing and fun series.
Posted by Stephen Long from Fredericksburg, VA on June 24, 2007 6:36 PM
i feel that an awfully lot of people be ...most of these are just guesses or gut feelings..
1) coming to the "1 weasley " point...lets start eliminating people...i think that charley is out of question (not much part to play and we havent seen him to be emotionally involved with him). Bill might be doubtful, he has already been injured, i think JK wont push it to him after all. Mrs Weasley is also doubtful but i dont think she . If at all its anyone i believe its between ron and ginny but not both (i believe that JK wont 1 of the twins, shes carry them on or s them both). These are the people who were very much involved in harrys life and shall create a massive impact on the readers (which is what JK wants i think after reading the last 2 books). Percy is another possibility. Mr weasley is a huge possibility.
2) Harry?...hmmm this one is far too difficult. i believe that he shall be ed (it might be a reward as earlier mentioned which was a good point). I can support this point by mostly saying that JK rowling would not want her books to be written or continued by other writers. It might just be possible that she might finish of most of the major characters in the story.
3) Any students in hogwarts?...hmmm lets cancel of the possibilities....hermione?..i believe not (cant give any specific reason for this)...neville (i believe that he might have a very important part to play in the story and if he does he shall kick the bucket)...i do not feel there shall be any other casualty in the DA other than the above mentioned. I strongly believe that Malfoy shall not switch sides. That idea is so useless. After all these years of enmity he not switch (JK not want a goody goody ending to her book where all eaters back stab Voldemort)
4) there be loads of possible bucket kickers in the order of phoenix. Lupin may be attacked by the werevolves when they find out that he is (was) working for dumbledore(remember?..Lupin was an insider). Snape has gotta whether hes good or bad (cant imagine harry and snape surviving after the saga) Moody may survive (gut feeling). i feel that slughorn has a more important part to play and that his shall be a mystery.
5) i believe that most of the eaters not but shall be taken captive by the ministry. We may even see a ministry magic style execution of eaters. But some eaters are obvious to be ed. bellatrix, draco (ed by voldemort possibly), etc.
I believe that there is something or some relation between ron and dumbledore (this is only supported by 1 point though) Maybe dumbledore isnt and is ron in reality(polyjuice potion) and maybe ron was the one who d. This may sound very absurd but im sure there is some relation between ron and dumbledore...maybe dumbledore is rons future...Dumbledore mentions that he has perfect map of the london underground on his leg...isnt that like a scar? and dont you remember that ron broke that very leg in book three. so we see (at least I see) some connection between ron and dumbledore...
Posted by Anonymous from Singapore on June 24, 2007 9:50 PM
i think something provoke harry (a loved ones ) that he have enough rage to be able to use the Avada kedavra on Voldemort. As one has to mean it to make it work, something has to happen for harry to mean it.
i think hagrid may . also malfoy or neville. a weasley may also , but maybe not Ron. Either of the twins or Percy. Lupin would be very similar to Sirius and JKR does not repeat a lot, so i think he may live.
i don't think any of the trio . and for a guess, i think Snape may live and also be redeemed.
Posted by geetika from india on June 25, 2007 12:40 AM
Voldermont must . One of weasley family . Harry, Ron and Harmione survive but badly injured. All the eaters . Maybe Snape also while trying to save harry.
Posted by NurMaz from Malaysia on June 25, 2007 01:51 AM
I think that love is what help Harry in the end. I think Ginny be taken after the four horcruxes are destroyed (possibly by Remulus A. Black?), and Harry attempt to Voldemort but be left without a wand and dive in front of a ing curse aimed at Ginny, which rebound once again upon Voldemort and the 7th and final piece of his soul. Dumbeldore always said Harry's love is his greatest weapon.
Also Peter Pettigrew in an attempt to redeem himself by saving Harry because Dumbeldore told Harry that the time may come when he is glad to have Peter in his .
And lastly Snape be good, and end up helping Harry likely with the 6th horcrux/4th remaining horcrux...and then if we're lucky, he'll .
Posted by Josh on June 25, 2007 05:25 AM
I think that Harry and Ron both and Neville, Hermione, Hagrid and Ginny live.
Posted by Laura from Cleveland, OH on June 25, 2007 05:25 AM
Expelliarmus! This is the spell Harry has used more than often to save his neck almost all the time. This again play a crucial role in the final battle. Whereas which character , well Hagrid is a very eligible candidate but how he is very questionable. Maybe directly at the hands of Voldemort as other wizard's spells doesn't affect him much. And the second is Snape, there's nothing more to say here, he is playing a game by being a double agent and end up snuffing it.
Posted by no0r from india on June 25, 2007 06:07 AM
I think the trio survive along with Snape. Neville Longbottom but he shall rise as a ghost to help Harry in vanquishing the Dark Lord.
Posted by Vivek from chennai on June 25, 2007 06:41 AM
Abhay Doshi - That's a nice little breakdown you got there on page 8. Very scientific, and I agree with all except the Weasley twins. I don't think Jo would them off, I see no reason for it and they are much too beloved by all, including Jo, to be arbitrarily ed.
I have also mentioned a while ago, and agree with those that have restated it, that Peter's life does not need to include giving up his own life, just that he saves Harry's. Harry did not risk his life for Peter, why would Peter need to give up his own in order to pay that back?
I think with Voldemort it's not so much a question of if, but of how. All the comments here seem to agree that he , and I agree that Jo needs to tie up that particular loose end.
Posted by Monkeeshrines from orlando fl on June 25, 2007 07:19 AM
Pages: << < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... > >>