Search Beyond Hogwarts:
Final Deathly Hallows Debates: Unanswered Septology Questions
Like Hogwarts Castle itself, the Harry Potter books hold many mysteries, and have many hidden secrets. Hopefully, most of these mysteries will be answered in the final book. Is something funny going on at St. Mungos? What ever happened to Sirius' two-way mirrors? Where is Fawkes? There are so many others. What mystery are you most looking forward to being answered, and how do you think it will come out?
Pages: << < 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 > >>
Reader Comments: (Page 28)
Shanay from Norway (nice rhyme!)
I really think the final battle take place at Hogwarts (or just outside it) because the stony arches in the background of DH U.S. cover are that of the Quidditch arena; which also (sadly) means that the ruined construction is Hogwarts.
Posted by Chucklepea from Kingston, Ontario on July 12, 2007 4:54 PM
1.How did RAB find out about the horcruxes?
2.How did RAB ?
3.Is Snape good or bad?
I think the Pensieve (Dumbledore's and Snape's) are going to be important in 7. This is probably why Voldemort's legilimency has not worked on Snape - because he may be hiding some of his memories away from his mind.
Posted by Javed from Vancouver, Canada on July 12, 2007 6:24 PM
I dont know how, but in some way Sirius help Harry and I think that Regulus is alive
Posted by uHu from London on July 12, 2007 8:29 PM
i think that the reason that there was a "glint of triumph" in Dumbledore's eyes was because when Voldemort and Harry were linked, Dumbledore realised that this made Voldemort mortal, and gives Harry a chance to look into the ever-mysterious mind of Voldemort. I believe that no one of the reasons that Snape trains Harry in Legimency and Occlumency is because Dumbledore realises this. I also think this enable Harry to Voldemort in the final show-down in book seven.
As for the bottled Memories, and the many theories as to why Dumbledore is still alive, i believe that it was Albus' brother who was ed. It is told in one of the books (not sure which one) that Harry walks into a bar and sees a mysteriously familiar person with a long white beard. When the person sees Harry staring he turns away. Also, Dumbledore is very out of character in the second half of HBP.
Posted by John from Canada on July 12, 2007 9:40 PM
what if snape was voldemort's son? the book in HBP was 50 years old and we know that voldemort was at the school 50 years ago and that snapes parents fought (because of the memories harry forces out of snape) so what if voldemort and Elieen Prince had something going on?
also on JK Rowling's website in the rubbish section (under the tea cup) the 'family/plot tree' has harry and hermionie on one side of a line and ron on the other...could that mean that hermionie and harry end up together? and what sentence are the words under the bin supposed to say?
Posted by lia16 from australia on July 12, 2007 11:04 PM
y'know, i was reading The Half-Blood Prince again last night, and i saw the line "Potter Belongs to the dark lord!" jelled by Snape when Harry felt so much pain. the i thought of the line from Dumbledore "He was one Horcrux short when he came to your house" (Or something like that).
could it be that the Dark Lord is still one Horcrux short, and that he needs Harry to Fill it?
Posted by George from The Netherlands on July 13, 2007 01:47 AM
Maybe that gleam of Triumph is it that Voldemord got the power to love through Harry his blood. so he not be able to mercieless.
Posted by George from The Netherlands on July 13, 2007 03:18 AM
When i saw the movie OOTP I saw that not only Sirius's name was burned away, but several others to! I thought i saw Phineus Nigellus being burned away to, but there were one or two others i didn't see. These could be future allies so please look carefully if you'r going to see the movie (which I think isn't very good).
Posted by parvios from amsterdam on July 13, 2007 05:32 AM
I think that the Mirror of Erised make another appearance in the final book. Harry see his heart's desire in the mirror, which would be to destroy the missing horcruxes, what they are and possibly and where they are hidden.
I also think that Harry's scar be useful in the end, because in the Philosopher's Stone Dumbledore said that scars can be useful and that he would not take Harry's scar away even if he could.
Posted by Kimberley on July 13, 2007 05:51 AM
I totally agree with Go Snape Go from Buenos Aires. Of all the characters, Umbridge was the one I wanted most to , and she didn't! She doesn't even seem injured, except a little PTSD relating to centaurs. Also, in the movie reviews I've read (no, haven't seen it yet), it calls her the "comic relief." In the book, she was definitely the villian, and there was nothing funny about it. I hope that she gets her due in DH. (Maybe someone should make her inscribe "I'm a toad" on her own hand?)
Posted by Susi from Denver on July 13, 2007 11:50 AM
After re-reading PS, I came across a few mistakes…and a few from other books.
1. In PS, Hagrid tells Harry that his mum and dad were head boy and girl in their day, but then in OotP, Sirius says “Lupin was the good boy, he got the badge”. How could James have been Head Boy if he wasn’t a Prefect?
2. In PS, Hagrid tells Harry that “Took yeh from the ruined house myself, on Dumbledore’s orders,” but from what we know about Avada Kedavra it’s not THAT destructive…in GoF, the Riddle House wasn’t destroyed when they were ed, but the house at Godric’s Hollow was. Why was this? Did it happen when Voldemort’s curse backfired and, instead of ing Harry, stripped him of his powers?
3. Another thing Hagrid mentions in PS is that “There’s not a single witch or wizard who went bad who wasn’t in Slytherin.” In HBP we meet Professor Slughorn, who was head of Slytherin in his day, and therefore in Slytherin as a young wizard at Hogwarts. I think that there’s something about Slughorn that we don’t know - how, being a Potions teacher, does he know so much about Horcruxes? Perhaps he was a Defence teacher, or he ‘experimented’, as Tom Riddle did and created a Horcrux for himself? We know he was in hiding and moving house a lot in HBP, was this because he knew that Voldemort was looking for him, or did he know something about Tom Riddle that Tom didn’t wasn’t anyone else to know?
4. Again in PS, Ollivander the wand-maker mentions to Harry and Hagrid that “He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things - terrible, yes, but great.” Is this implying that he thinks You-Know-Who was a great, powerful wizard? Was he on Voldemort’s side? We only ‘see’ Ollivander twice - in the wand shop in PS and in the Wand-Weighing before the Tri-Wizard Tournament in GoF, and then we hear from Bill in the HBP that he has disappeared. Did he run, or go ingly to help the so-called ‘great’ wizard? JK Rowling mentioned that we learn more about the connection between the wand and the wizard in DH, would this be from Ollivander or someone else?
5. This one is just a stab in the dark - Hagrid was at school with Tom Riddle, right? (We know this because Tom got Hagrid expelled in his third year) So what if there was something that Hagrid knew about Tom Riddle, and therefore Voldemort? Hagrid was expelled in his third year, and Tom was in his sixth when he released the Baslisk, but what would a sixth year want with a third year? I don’t know if there is a connection, but….
6. In HBP, when Harry and Dumbledore are in the Pensive listening to Tom Riddle and Morfin Gaunt talk, or, rather, hiss - they talk in Parseltounge the whole time, which Harry can understand, of course - but can Dumbledore? It certainly seems so, as he talks about it afterwards with Harry. Since when was Dumbledore a Parselmouth?!
7. JK Rowling says that Dumbledore’s Patronus is a Phoenix. What would he have been if he had an Animagus form? Did he have an Animagus form? And what would Harry’s Animagus be? A stag, like his father? Or a Phoenix?
Posted by lia16 from Australia on July 13, 2007 7:06 PM
This is going to sound really weird but i dont think that its as far fetched as it actually sounds.
In OoTP, Harry sees Snapes memory, of Snape being hung upside down by James (Potter.) I always believed Lupin and Sirius when they said that he grew out of it, and that they were all idiots when they were 15, but when i saw the movie, it shows in that scene, how stupid that James was being, Im starting to wonder whether Sirius and Lupin lied to Harry about his Dad. James may actually be a bad guy.
Now when Sirius said that James and Lily start going out together in 7th year after he had cooled down, and he'd stopped hexing anything that moved. Sirius may have been lying to Harry, maybe just maybe he forced her to go out with him, and maybe he did this because Snape, liked Lily and he wanted to make Snape jealous?
Maybe he sold Lily to Voldemort? If he has a Secret Keeper, the Secret Keeper doesn't have to be the one telling teh bad guys where he is, surely James is allowed to say "Im going to be here come find me"
...This would mean that;
1. Pettigrew is innocent (whether knowingly or not.) and...
2. James is still alive (he is an Animagus), or was ed, betrayed by voldemort
If James had truly loved Lily and sacrificed his life, for her shouldn't she have been protected by from the Avada Kedavra just as Harry was?
This probably sounds way off but i think that it's not too far from the truth
Posted by Tarz from Sydney, Australia on July 13, 2007 9:36 PM
Pages: << < 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 > >>