Search Beyond Hogwarts:
Official Reader Comments Policy
Each comment submitted by readers is reviewed by a moderator before it appears on the site. Comments that do not adhere to
the following rules be deleted from the system.
The following are Not Allowed in public comments on the Beyond Hogwarts
- "Chatspeak" We know it's difficult, but you must actually type
out the full, real English versions of 4 (for), u (you),
cuz (because), 2 (to), ne way (anyway), ppl (people), etc.
- Abbreviations except for the accepted book title abbreviations
(SS/PS, CoS, PoA, GoF, OotP, HBP and DH). Please DO NOT abbreviate or use initials
for character names or places.
- Off-topic comments that do not pertain to the topic of the original article.
- Inappropriate content including: sexually explicit (or
pornographic), obscene, vulgar, hateful, threatening or
illegal messages. This site is visited by thousands of people, many of whom may be minors.
- Negative remarks that are based on age, race, weight,
ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation.
- Political statements no matter their political orientation.
- Personal attacks or flames. If you don't agree with somebody's
post, argue with the post's content, not with the
person who made it.
- Flagrant profanity. Curse words are never allowed in articles
or reader comments on this web site.
- One-line comments such as "first to post", "I agree" or "is
- Comments that do not state an opinion or do not add anything
of substance to the discussion.
- Comments that address someone directly rather than speaking
to the entire thread in general.
- TYPING IN ALL UPPERCASE for an entire post. Please keep
CAPITALIZED WORDS done for emphasis to a minimum.
- Posting in any other language besides English. Since this site
is an English site all comments must be posted in
English so that moderators can make sure that all posted comments follow the rules.
We reserve the right to edit posts for spelling and grammar.
The comments posting form asks for your email address. We ask for this so
that we may contact you regarding your comment if necessary. This email
address NEVER be shown on the site, NEVER used for any other
purpose, and NEVER be divulged to any third party.
By contributing to the Beyond Hogwarts Reader Comments, you grant Beyond Hogwarts the
worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive right to use, publicly display, publicly
perform, modify, and distribute any post or any other information submitted, in
any media now known or hereinafter developed.
Users Under 18:
If you are under 18 please get your parent's or guardian's permission before
Never reveal any personal information about yourself (for example, your
telephone number, home address or email address).
If you have questions about our public posting policy, please email us.
Thank you for your participation.